Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Crazy Week

Well, last week has come and gone, and we're pretty excited about that, as it was REALLY busy (this week isn't much better, however).

Mariko is doing very well, which is good because I haven't been able to devote a lot of training time. We just need to finish one more week and we'll be in better shape. We did go to obedience training on Monday, which was great to get back after a month. Mariko did very well and I think she, too, was glad to be back.

Wednesday afternoon I had the opportunity to teach a class for a couple of hours in the afternoon and was a little worried how Mariko would do. To my surprise, she stayed on her bed in the front of the classroom the entire time while I walked back and forth (yes, I'm a pacer) as I taught the class. She did VERY well; however, that evening when we got home her inner comic came out and she had us laughing the entire evening.

Yes, you can see the mischief in that face.

Thursday afternoon I had a long, overdue appointment for a cut and color and facial. As you women know, especially those of you who are older :-) each trip to the beauty shop takes a little longer, as more and more work needs to be done. Let's just say that I'm at the age where I'm there for about two hours now :-) Mariko was by my side the entire time and was on her best behavior. All of the people in the shop really wanted to pet her, but for the first time since we have been out in public, everyone seemed to understand that she was "working" and they just commented on what a great dog she was and no one attempted to pet her.

Waiting in the lobby before Mary was ready for us.

Waiting as I was getting my hair colored (yes, I'm that old).

Being good between the dryers.

She was excellent for this public outing.

We still have a great relaxed time at the house and Katie still loves to practice "cuddle" with her (even though she's getting pretty big).

Katie and Mariko practicing "cuddle."
And Mariko's favorite, "cradle and massage."

This week we have a lot of public practice that we will working on that I will post next week. Dinner out and a three day conference that is coming up. Wish me luck, this will be the first time she will be staying at a hotel (and a nice one at that).

What a great puppy you are Mariko!

2 comments:

  1. I just want to know why Mariko didn't get any pink or blue added to her fur at the salon? Maybe a quick coat of polish on her nails?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Blue would have been perfect . . . maybe her ears, and yes, of course, her nails. I will have to remember that the next time we go :-)

    ReplyDelete