Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Six Months Old

Well, Mariko is six months old already. She has really grown fast and is weighing in at 45 pounds, in fact, we had to purchase a larger portable kennel (I will be attending a conference next week and she is coming with me).

New Condo

This was the next largest size that Petsmart had. I was wishing it was a little smaller, but oh well, it serves as a two bedroom when needed :-)

Bailey had to join in the fun

Last week Katie and I participated in a very well supported, organized ride that benefits the Huntsman Cancer Hospital in Salt Lake City. We took the motorhome out to the Lewiston fairgrounds where we stayed Friday night and then rode most of Saturday. This was Mariko's first trip in the motorhome and she did great (she seems to roll with anything).

Riding in the motorhome
Being good at the dinner for the riders

We are seeing a little puppy adolescence still, but for the most part she is getting pretty good around the house. We still have her on tie down unless we are sitting right there with her. We have found with puppies this just removes the temptation to get into trouble :-)

Bailey wanting Mariko to play





Yesterday I was able to do a few things around the house without having Mariko on tie down. Hopefully this behavior will continue and she will be a free puppy to roam and be good.

Being good while I clean and go laundry

We have started back with obedience training (last night) and will be attending a CCI puppy raiser workshop in Salt Lake this Saturday. I hope she is on her best behavior (yes, we are going to have very long talks throughout the week so that neither one of us is embarrassed on Saturday).


3 comments:

  1. I totally understand about the "embarrassment" part! From tomorrow til Saturday morning, I plan on exhausting Lucy so that all she can at the workshop is sleep ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man . . . I need to talk with Lucy, I was counting on her to help me out, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're tough out of luck in that area! Lucy can neither talk nor is she reliable ;)

      Delete