Friday, March 30, 2012

Our First Official Outing

This morning I took a little time off and headed out to run errands. The tires for my vehicle had arrived and needed to be put on, and I needed to run to the pharmacy (which just happened to be right up the street from the tire store). Mariko and I dropped off the car and then walked up the street, about three blocks, so that I could get a prescription refilled. She walked right beside me the entire time and she sat and waited at intersections before she was release to proceed through. She was on her best behavior in the pharmacy and the pharmacist decided we should train his dog as well.

When we returned to the tire store, they were still working on my car, so I decided we could wait in the waiting room. Mariko was sitting quietly when four small, energetic children came into the waiting room to expend some of their energy. I quietly gave Mariko the under command, she went underneath my legs (between my legs and the chair) and settled right in (of course, she was receiving treats for being a good girl).


I was a little nervous that she might be stressed and was prepared to leave; however, she put her head down and closed her eyes :-) Fortunately the children left shortly thereafter, and our wait was only a few more minutes.

You are such a good dog Mariko!

No comments:

Post a Comment