Monday, February 13, 2012

Another Week Gone

Wow, last week flew by. Mariko is starting to understand so many things, but also starting to show a little attitude as well. She is running to the door when she needs to go out and is sleeping through the night (yea). In fact, this morning about 4:30 Joe woke me up and said, why is the dog out? Ummm, must not have locked her kennel. She went over to his side of the bed and started pulling on the covers (must have known I wouldn't wake up). I put her collar and leash on and took her out and she conducted business, went back into her kennel and slept until 6:30 when I woke her up to feed her. It is so much easier to get ready in the morning with a puppy that is sleeping in her kennel as opposed to one that is tethered to the tub faucet trying to be a puppy. What a difference a week makes.

She still prefers being out of the kennel while at work; after we have been outside and come back in she will RUN to the blanket that I have on the floor before I can get to my desk to put her in her kennel. This is how she starts out:


This is how she ends up:


I like the way she uses the ball for a nose pillow :-) And, notice she has wiggled out of her cape. Yes, if she would give me 10 seconds to get to my desk after we come back in the door, cape and collar/leash would be off so she could go in her kennel and be comfortable (attitude!).

This week we are going to focus on playing with the ball so that she will hopefully learn to hold it in her mouth. She really isn't ball motivated, which makes playing with other animals hard.

She weighed in at 18.3 pounds at her 11 week checkup on Saturday. I'm sure within the next couple of weeks I will no longer be able to pick her up . . . hoping for REALLY good puppy manners when that day comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment