Tuesday, February 7, 2012

First Day at the Gym

Today was the first day to take Mariko with me to the Sport Academy. I usually go to the 7 a.m. class, but decided 6 a.m. would give me more time to be ready for work so . . . we headed out the door at 5:30, peanut butter Kong and kennel in hand. Stopped just outside Sport Academy for one more "hurry" where she was a very good girl and took care of business before we went in the door. Once in the building she surprisingly had great leash manners for me and we headed up the back stairs (yes, she even went up the stairs) to set up the kennel and dive into the peanut butter Kong. I covered the kennel with a blanket and set up for class. Not a sound out of this smart little girl the entire time. Finished class and took her out the back door for another quick "hurry" and then we packed up and headed for the showers where I work (I figured it would be easier in a less crowded environment until she is really well behaved, then we will stay at the Sports Academy to shower and get ready for work).

We hauled all of my essentials into the shower room (and no one is ever there at 7 a.m.), Mariko ate breakfast while I showered. Then while I got ready, she decided to pass the time and play with the mirror. Made my morning, it was pretty funny.

Hey, I want you to play with me!

What an exhausting morning!


So glad everything worked well and she is so well behaved. I will admit; however, that I'm ready for a puppy that is proficient with "stay" so that I don't have to haul this kennel around all the time :-)

What a great puppy you are Mariko! Now it's time to "officially" start our day.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats-what a morning. Hopefully you'll get into a routine with it soon :) Love the mirror picture! Lucy has been pretty interested in her reflection in the oven door lately...

    ReplyDelete