Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Morning Routine

All of my reading reiterates that dogs are creatures of habit, even more so than humans. I am beginning to understand this now that I am bringing a puppy to work with me each day.

When we arrive at the school, she has an opportunity to "take care of business" before we pack up and go in the door. Without fail, she accomplishes this task. I grab Mariko's bag, my purse and her kennel and we head through the doors and down the hall (while all the time she is displaying incredibly nice leash manners :-), well, most of the time). After I open the office door, she runs to her water bowl, gets a huge drink and then, before I can put everything that I have packed in the door in it's respective place, she runs to the spot where she wants to spend her day and this is what I find when I finally make it to my desk:


I actually have to wake her to put her in the kennel so that I can leave the office to get ice and water.

She really, really wants me to understand she is a "good girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment