Friday, February 3, 2012

Week Two

WOW, week two has come and gone with us as new puppy raisers and Mariko experiencing life as a service dog in training (and we have survived). When we picked her up at the airport she weighed in at 10 pounds, today her weight was 17 pounds. Yep, she loves her food!

She is doing very well at work and seems to prefer sleeping on a blanket under my desk rather than in her kennel. I think she already understands that this is what life will be like when you're a "good" dog, ha ha. Yes, I believe she is already telling me that she's a "good" dog.

This is the life!

She already has her own little routine after we go out for "hurry" while at work. After she finishes her "job" we walk half way around the building and come in through the back door. She knows where my office is, heads straight for my office door, grabs a quick drink of water and then heads under the desk for a much needed nap. Oh, the life of a dog :-)

This work stuff isn't so bad.

We had a puppy play date with another CCI dog on Wednesday and decided there is still a lot to learn about appropriate play behavior. Looks like I need another trip to the pet store to buy a bunch a small, squishy balls for her to learn to hold in her mouth while she plays. We will continue this puppy play date on a weekly basis.

We have started introducing "release" into her commands and she's doing very well. I must admit that I'm very anxious to get her third round of puppy shots completed (so that her immune system can handle being around other animals) and then we can start "puppy school."


On to week three!

No comments:

Post a Comment